The State Bank of India- India's largest state run bank, is recruiting 1500 Probationary Officers this year. The deadline for the online applications is over now and the candidates can download their call letters from 08.04.2013 onwards from the SBI website www.statebankofindia.com .
This is a pretty good opportunity for those who want a secure government job and anyone who wants a great starting package and perks. For example, for positions in Mumbai, SBI offers Rupees 69,000 a month plus housing allowance!
Here are some quick facts about the exam to give you guys an idea about how competitive this years exam gonna be:
"Whopping 1.7 Million (17 Lac) candidates against just 1500 positions"
- Two phases:
- Written Exam consisting of Objective Test (200 Marks) and Descriptive exam (50 Marks): must pass both to get invited for GD and PI
- Group Discussion (20 marks) and Interview (30 marks)
- 2 hour Objective test has four sections of equal marks:
- Test of Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Test of Reasoning (High-Level)
- Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocab, Comprehension etc.)
- Test of General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
"You will have roughly 36 seconds on average to answer each question of the Objective test"
- 1 hour Descriptive test includes:
- Short Precis
- Letter writing
- Only those qualified in written exams will be invited to GD and PI.
"This site will help you to prepare for SBI-PO exam we will soon provide you book list and papers crucial for PO exam"
"Feel free to leave Suggestions, Comments and Questions!"
EXAM DATE: 28 APRIL 2013!!GOOD LUCK!!